Guidelines for Honors Students Regarding Requirements for Graduating with Honors in English
For Honors in English:
1) Either a directed reading or a 6000-level graduate course.*
For High Honors in English: 1) Either a directed reading or a 6000-level graduate course 2) An honors thesis.§
For Highest Honors in English: The same requirements as High Honors with the cumulative GPA (3.9) required for graduating summa cum laude.
*To enroll in a graduate-level course to fulfill a requirement for graduation with Honors, High Honors, or Highest Honors in English, you should:
1. Obtain a form from the Honors Office requesting permission to enroll in a graduate course.
2. Obtain permission of the instructor to enroll in the course and have the instructor sign the form.
3. Go to the English Graduate Office (257 Park Hall) to reserve a seat in the course and receive P. O. D. clearance to register for it.
4. Register for the graduate course when you register for your other classes.
§ See Jim Kallerman in Park Hall 111 to obtain honors thesis guidelines.